Your appointment or admission at MTW
If you have been referred for an appointment or are to be admitted to either Maidstone or Tunbridge Wells Hospital, we will contact you to arrange a date. Alternatively you may be able to book your appointment with the NHS e-Referral Service – see below.
NHS e-Referral Service
If you have been referred by your GP for an appointment with a healthcare provider, you may be able to book your appointment with NHS e-Referral Service, which replaced Choose and Book in June 2015.
Most services are available via NHS e-Referral Service. You can choose the date and time of your appointment and your GP may be able to book your appointment there and then. However, you have the right to think about your choices, compare different options and book your appointment at a later stage. If so, you’ll be given an appointment request letter, which includes your unique booking reference number, NHS Number and a list of hospitals or clinics to choose from. In addition you’ll be given a password, which allows you to book your appointment via NHS e-Referral Service either over the phone using The Appointments Line (TAL) 0345 6088888 or online.
NHS e-Referral Service will also give you the ability to:
• plan and manage your appointments around any existing appointments, if you are currently undergoing treatment
• fit your treatment in with your other commitments, at home and at work
• choose appointments that fit with your carer’s schedule
• check the status of your referral and change or cancel your appointments easily, either over the phone or online
You can book online or call The Appointments Line (TAL) Customer Services line on 01908 774 663 (Monday to Friday 9am-5pm, excluding bank holidays).
Cancelling or changing your appointment or admission
We understand there may be times when you are unable to attend your appointment or admission. If you are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as possible so that your appointment can be given to another patient. You can call our dedicated appointment cancellation lines listed below. Patients failing to attend an appointment or admission mean other patients have to wait longer to be seen.
Clinical Administration Unit office opening hours 8am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Head & Neck – tel 01622 228218
- Surgery Breast, Urology and Pain – tel 01622 228220
- Trauma & Orthopaedics – tel 01622 228221
- Women’s & Children – tel 01622 228222
- General Medicine, Rheumatology, Neurology, Care of Elderly, Respiratory, Diabetes and Cardiology – tel 01622 228219
PLEASE NOTE: Calls to our Clinical Administration Units are recorded for quality and training purposes
Appointment reminder service
We have an appointment reminder service that will automatically:
- phone you seven days before your appointment to tell you when and where your appointment is
- offer you the opportunity to change or cancel your appointment
- send an SMS text reminder to you if you haven’t responded to our call, if we have a mobile number for you
- phone you the day before your appointment to remind you
Please ensure we have your correct phone number so that we can remind you of when and where your appointment is. This can be your landline telephone number. If you wish to receive text reminder alerts please provide us with your mobile phone number. You can do this by one of our dedicated appointment numbers listed above.
If you do not wish to receive an appointment reminder it is possible to opt of the service by contacting the dedicated appointment numbers or talking to a member of staff when you next visit our hospital. You can opt back in at any time by contacting us by the same methods
If you have a question about your appointment or admission, please contact the relevant Clinical Administration Unit using the telephone numbers above. Please remember the Clinical Administration Unit manages appointments only and cannot give you medical advice.