The Rubin Clinic Sexual Health services provide expert care on all areas of sexual health, HIV care and contraception with a professional, non-judgmental approach across Maidstone, Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells and Sevenoaks. We have a range of specialist doctors and nurses who can help you.
We welcome people of all race, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion and age.
How you can contact us…
You can come along to any of our confidential services for advice, tests and treatment, but we do suggest that you look at our weekly list of clinic services in your area before you call us.
If you are over 16 years of age and live in Kent and you are just looking for a check-up you can order a home testing kit.
For advice on STIs, contraception and HIV, or to book an appointment contact us on 01622 225713. We are happy to provide information and advice over the phone during our opening hours.
Professionals can refer patients by emailing us at email@example.com
A service that’s easy to access…
We can usually offer most patients the opportunity to be seen the same day or the next working day but sometimes if you have an urgent problem or limited time you may have to travel to be seen quickly or at a time that is convenient for you.
We are open 6 days a week and have ‘walk in and wait’ clinics as well as appointment clinics so you can chose what suits you best.
If you are under 25 years you can attend our clinics any day of the week. We have dedicated young person clinics in all of our services.
What we offer…
- Drop-in clinics for young people (up to 25 years) providing sexual health testing and contraceptive services, including emergency contraception and free condoms. No appointments necessary, just turn up if you would like to speak to someone
- Walk in and wait services for those with urgent problems (any age), including STI testing, emergency contraception and HIV post exposure prophylaxis. You can just turn up when the clinic is open and wait to be seen. At busy times you may have to wait a little, but we will see you
- Appointment clinics for all sexual health and contraception care and treatment (any age) – call us to arrange an appointment.
- Men’s Room service – for all men including gay, bisexual men and transgender (any age)
- Outreach clinics for young people offering sexual health advice, free condoms, STI screening and contraception in Tonbridge, Edenbridge, Parkwood and Snodland
- Term time clinics for young people offering sexual health advice, free condoms, STI screening and contraception in a variety of school and other educational settings
- HIV care services are available at Maidstone, Tunbridge Wells, Sevenoaks and Tonbridge. We offer blood tests, STI screening, vaccination and collection of medication at all our clinics. We have a dedicated team of Consultants, pharmacist, HIV clinical nurse specialists and offer homecare delivery of medication for all patients established on treatment for at least 6 months. If you would like to attend our service for HIV care please call 01622 225713.
- FREE testing, advice and treatment for sexually transmitted infections
- STI screening with text results notification
- STI treatment and care for Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Trichomonas, Vaginalis and Syphilis
- Get It condom registration and free condoms
- All types of contraception and emergency contraception
- HIV testing including rapid HIV testing
- Blood tests for Hepatitis B and C
- Hepatitis B vaccination for those who are at sexual risk
- Sexual assault aftercare for people who have been sexually assaulted
- PEPSE (Post Exposure Prophylaxis following Sexual Exposure to HIV)
- PrEP (HIV Pre-Exposure treatment monitoring)
- HIV care and treatment
- Specialised clinics including complex contraception, recurrent genital infection clinic, genital skin problem clinic, and the Men’s Room Clinic
- Telephone advice for public and professionals
When to test…
Testing for Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea should be done 2 weeks after an episode of unprotected sex in those without symptoms or sooner if you have symptoms of discharge.
Testing for HIV should be done 4 weeks after an episode of unprotected sex, or sooner if you have any symptoms of fever, rash and sore throat.
Testing for Syphilis should be done 12 weeks after an episode of unprotected sex or sooner if you have any symptoms of rash, or sores on your genitals, bottom or mouth.
Here to listen, not to tell…
We provide a confidential service to all of our patients. This means you can talk to us about any problem and we will listen. You can tell others about your visit, but we won’t. Sometimes we might have to consider passing on confidential information without your permission to protect you, or someone else from very serious harm. This is not something we would do unless we were very worried about you and we would always try and discuss our concerns with you first.
We sometimes suggest that we inform your GP of on-going treatment or conditions. We would only write to your GP with your agreement. If you have any questions about confidentiality please feel free to contact us or discuss it with us when you come to one of our clinics.