The recruiting managers at MTW decide what applications are put forward for shortlisting and interview. Below will give you an insight to the shortlisting and interview process to help you understand what to expect once you have applied.
Shortlisted: The recruiting manager will review each application form that has been submitted and make a decision on whether they want to interview. However, before a decision is made each application form is scored and evaluated fairly to see if they meet the criteria specified in the job description and personal specification. Your personal details do not appear within the application that is seen by the recruiting manager.
Successful Candidates: If you shortlisted for a vacancy we will notify you by email that you have been successful for an interview. The email will include details of the interview such as the location, timings and any additional requirements such as assessments that form part of the selection process. if you require any support during your interview or assessment due to a disability, please do let us know. We will ensure that you receive appropriate assistance.
How to prepare for your interview: If you are invited for an interview, make sure you are as prepared as possible.
• First impressions always count – Think about your appearance, make sure you are dressed appropriately.
• Prepare for possible questions that you could be asked – These questions are often taken from the Job description.
• Research – Make sure you research the role, the trust and the department you are applying for.
• Body Language – The interview panel will try to put you at ease. Try to stay calm and relaxed to show the panel at your best.
• Sell yourself – Make sure you speak about the skills and experience you can bring to the role.
• Ask questions – Think of some questions you can ask the interview panel to show you are interested.
• Plan your travel arrangements – Make sure you know where the interviews are being held and ensure you have enough time to get there.
At your interview: Your interview will include 2 or more people on the interview panel. You may be required to complete a short assessments or presentation which will be outlined in the invitation to interview.
Notification of Success at interview: If you have been successful at the interview stage the recruiting manager will tell you at the time of interview or will contact you at a later date.
Unsuccessful Candidates: if you are unsuccessful during the recruitment and selection process, you will receive an emai via Trac Jobs. Just because you may not have been shortlisted or appointed for this position, it doesn’t mean you can’t apply for others.