Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust provides a range of significantly reduced car parking rates for visitors and patients at both Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells hospitals.
Please note, we encourage all patients and visitors to park on site if driving to our hospitals and ask that you please do not park in local residential areas.
General car park charges
- Up to 30 minutes – free
- Up to 2 hours – £2
- 2 – 4 hours – £4
- 4 – 6 hours – £6
- 6 – 8 hours – £8
- 8 – 24 hours – £10
- Concessions for patients and visitors will be changing from Monday 1 July 2019.
- Oncology and renal patients will no longer pay for parking while they are receiving treatment. Exit tickets need to be validated at the oncology reception at MGH. For HODU patients at TWH, exit tickets can be exchanged at HODU reception.
- Visitors no longer need to have the qualifying 10 day period to receive parking concessions. Parking for long term visits is now charged at £10 for 7 days, with unlimited visits to site in this 7 day period. Visitors should be directed to the parking machines and select the “7 day ticket” button.
- If an outpatient clinic is cancelled, patients will receive a free exit ticket from the outpatients clinic staff.
- If a patient has not seen a Doctor within 2 hours of their appointment time, outpatients staff may offer the patient a £2 capped parking ticket.
If you would like to find out more about one of our concessionary schemes, please talk to the area providing your care, our PALS officers or car park attendants.
Patients on low incomes can also benefit from financial support to help meet their travel costs and parking fees, through the Healthcare Assisted Travel Cost Scheme. Please ask your ward or department for information.
Maidstone Hospital disabled parking spaces
Disabled car parking areas for Maidstone Hospital are marked on our hospital map. Disabled car parking is located in:
- The main public car park (zone A)
- The Oncology car park (zone B)
- The Peggy Wood Breast Care Centre (zone G)
Tunbridge Wells Hospital disabled parking spaces
Dedicated disabled parking areas for Tunbridge Wells Hospital are in car parks A and C only. Please click here to view these locations on our hospital map.
Please note, there are no car parking charges for Blue Badge holders at any of MTW NHS Trust’s car parks. However, where barriers are in place, in order to exit the car park a free exit pass is required. Please speak to a member of staff in the department you are attending about how to obtain a free pass.
How to pay
Both Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells hospitals operate pay on foot parking only.
- Park your vehicle and keep your ticket with you
- Before returning to your vehicle, insert your ticket at one of the pay stations
- Pay the amount shown and retrieve your ticket
- Return to your car, proceed to the exit barrier and insert your ticket
- Only pay machines at Tunbridge Wells Hospital take credit/debit cards. This system will be available at Maidstone Hospital shortly.
- If you need assistance or are experiencing difficulties, press the intercom/help button found on all entry/exit barriers or payment machines
The car parks at Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells hospitals have been awarded the prestigious Park Mark safer parking award. The Safer Parking Scheme is a national standard for UK car parks that have low crime and measures in place to ensure the safety of people and vehicles.