Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust provides a range of significantly reduced car parking rates for visitors and patients at both Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells hospitals.
General car park charges
- Up to 30 minutes – free
- Up to 2 hours – £2
- 2 – 4 hours – £4
- 4 – 6 hours – £6
- 6 – 8 hours – £8
- 8 – 24 hours – £10
- Patients undergoing radiotherapy treatment pay £1.80 per week
- Patients who are undergoing chemotherapy pay a reduced charge of £1.50 per day regardless of time spent at hospital
- Patients receiving dialysis pay £1.80 per week
- Visitors to patients in ITU (intensive care) pay a reduced charge of £1.50 per day regardless of time spent in hospital
- Relatives of all patients that stay in hospital for more than 10 days are eligible for free parking after the tenth day
- We offer concessionary parking of £1.50 a day for partners of inpatients on our maternity wards
- Parents and guardians who have children in hospital pay £1.50 per day regardless of time spent in hospital
If you would like to find out more about one of our concessionary schemes, please talk to the area providing your care, our PALS officers or car park attendants.
Patients on low incomes can also benefit from financial support to help meet their travel costs and parking fees, through the Healthcare Assisted Travel Cost Scheme. Please ask your ward or department for information.
- Disabled car parking areas for Maidstone Hospital are marked on our hospital map
- Dedicated Disabled Parking areas for Tunbridge Wells Hospital are in Car Parks A & C only
Please note that Blue Badge holders are not exempt from charges.
How to pay
Both Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells hospitals operate pay on foot parking only.
- Park your vehicle and keep your ticket with you
- Before returning to your vehicle, insert your ticket at one of the pay stations
- Pay the amount shown and retrieve your ticket
- Return to your car, proceed to the exit barrier and insert your ticket
- Only pay machines at Tunbridge Wells Hospital take credit/debit cards. This system will be available at Maidstone Hospital shortly.
- If you need assistance or are experiencing difficulties, press the intercom/help button found on all entry/exit barriers or payment machines
The car parks at Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells hospitals have been awarded the prestigious Park Mark safer parking award. The Safer Parking Scheme is a national standard for UK car parks that have low crime and measures in place to ensure the safety of people and vehicles.