There are a number of ways to get to Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells hospitals, including by car, bus, train or bike.
For opening hours and directions to your local minor injury unit, visit:
- Edenbridge and District War Memorial Hospital
- Sevenoaks Hospital or
- Crowborough War Memorial Hospital.
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust operates a shuttle bus, 6X, between Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells hospitals to allow patients and staff to travel between the two sites. Download the 6X timetable.
A number of bus routes serve our hospitals. For detailed journey planning and information, use the Traveline planning portal.
Alternatively, you can visit the bus operators’ websites for further information:
The following bus services serve Maidstone Hospital
- 3 Maidstone Town Centre to Maidstone Hospital (Arriva)
- 8 Downswood to Maidstone Hospital (Arriva)
- 58 Trottiscliffe to Maidstone Hospital (Nu Venture)
- 575 Larkfield to Maidstone Hospital (Arriva)
Tunbridge Wells Hospital
The following bus services serve Tunbridge Wells Hospital
- 6 Maidstone to Tunbridge Wells via Tunbridge Wells Hospital (Arriva)
- 6X Maidstone Hospital to Tunbridge Wells Hospital (Arriva)
- 208 East Peckham to Tunbridge Wells Hospital (Go Coach)
- 218/219 Tonbridge to Tunbridge Wells Hospital (Arriva)
- 255 Benenden to Tunbridge Wells via Tunbridge Wells Hospital (Autocar)
- 277 Tunbridge Wells to Tunbridge Wells Hospital (Arriva)
- 296 Paddock Wood to Tunbridge Wells via Tunbridge Wells Hospital (Autocar)
- 297 Tenterden to Tunbridge Wells via Tunbridge Wells Hospital (Hams Travel)
- 299 Tenterden to Tonbridge via Tunbridge Wells Hospital – Fridays Only (Autocar)
Both Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells hospitals have parking available on site. At peak periods car parks can be busy so please consider using public transport to get to our hospitals.
Barming (0.88 miles) and Maidstone East (2.46 miles) are the nearest train stations to Maidstone Hospital.
High Brooms (2.14 miles) and Tunbridge Wells (2.96 miles) are the closest train stations to Tunbridge Wells Hospital. South Eastern operate the train services to these stations.
Trainline is Europe’s leading train and coach app. They work with rail and coach companies to offer their customers travel to thousands of destinations in and across 45 countries in Europe. Their aim is to bring together all rail, coach and other travel services into one simple experience so people can get the best prices and smart, real-time travel info on the go.
Both hospitals have bike racks located outside the main entrances.
What 3 Words
What3words is a mobile app that helps to make locations more accessible. You can use the what3words website or free app (available on iOS and Android) to reach specific locations at our hospitals. The What3words address are shown starting with ///
Click on the links below for more details and please be advised more locations will be added in due course.
Maidstone Hospital main entrance: ///dads.actor.coats
Maidstone Hospital Emergency Department entrance: ///trendy.soap.elaborate
Kent Oncology Centre entrance: ///slowly.translated.recall
Maidstone Birth Centre: ///values.store.kick
Tunbridge Wells Hospital main entrance: ///tooth.vibes.hill
Tunbridge Wells Hospital Emergency Department entrance: ///exam.gets.care
Crowborough Birthing Centre: ///maximum.weekend.originals
How to find us
Maidstone ME16 9QQ
Tunbridge Wells Hospital
Pembury TN2 4QJ