We run a number of outpatient clinics at our hospitals. These include:
- weekly early arthritis clinics at both sites – this is a rapid access clinic for GPs to refer or book anyone who is suspected of an inflammatory arthritis. Early intervention is essential. We provide same-day access to ultrasound scanning.
- injection clinics – these run monthly at Maidstone by a consultant rheumatologist and weekly at Tunbridge Wells by Michael Brown, Extended Scope Practitioner
- Anylosing Spondylitis clinics – these run monthly at both hospitals with a dedicated physiotherapist
- Early Synovitis clinic – a nurse-led clinic, which provides DMARD education, training in Methotrexate injections and issuing and monitoring of Methotrexate prescriptions and anti-TNF, if needed
- connective tissue clinics – these run monthly
- Osteoporosis clinics – these are run weekly at both our main hospitals. We also run a nurse-led Osteoporosis management clinic
- Anti-TNF review clinics – these are run on both sites by a specialist nurse
- Giant Cell Arteritis – emergency slots for Giant Cell Arteritis cases via Maidstone’s Medical Admission Unit’s rapid review clinic
We also offer outreach services at Crowborough, Edenbridge and Sevenoaks.
The team also runs a nurse-led Rheumatology advice line offering help and information for patients with inflammatory arthritis. This is a voicemail service where we ask patients to leave their details with a short message regarding their call. We endeavour to contact the patient within a 48 hour window. Messages can be left at anytime and are picked up throughout the working day. We do not pick up any messages after 12 midday on a Friday to allow us to clear everything before the weekend. This is not an emergency line, anything that is considered an emergency should be directed to your GP.
We do ask that you attend your appointment 30 minutes before your time to enable us to take your blood pressure, weight and urine. Please also bring a list of all current medication you are taking. Your appointment may not be with a consultant but with another specialist member of our team.