Our physiotherapy team provides a comprehensive range of inpatient and outpatient services. We are committed to helping patients achieve agreed goals and help restore physical health and overall well-being. We also strive to use the findings of medical research to help us provide the most efficient and effective treatment.
Our team of physiotherapists, therapy assistants and reception staff work hard to ensure you receive the best possible care at Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells Hospitals.
How to get referred
- if you have a back or neck problem ask your GP to refer you
- consultant referrals
What problems do we treat?
We are happy to assess and treat anyone with a musculoskeletal, for example joint, muscle, nerve or ligament problem. Common conditions we treat include:
- acute back pain including sciatica and disc problems
- chronic back pain
- neck pain, including whiplash
- joint pain
- injuries post trauma, including fractures
- post orthopaedic operations (spinal, shoulder and knee surgery, joint replacements)
- post spinal surgery
- post breast surgery
- rheumatological conditions (AS, RA etc)
- sports injuries
- work related injuries
- sprains and strains / soft tissue injuries
- limited paediatric orthopaedic and musculoskeletal conditions
In addition to the musculoskeletal conditions we are also able to treat:
- hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
If you have a problem which is not listed here, and wonder whether we may be able to help, please do not hesitate in contacting us to discuss this further.
We have excellent facilities in our outpatient departments to help us optimise our treatments. These facilities include:
- individual treatment rooms for private consultations
- regular therapeutic classes in our gyms
- ne-to-one exercise programmes set up with a physiotherapist specific to your condition and your aims
- access to hydrotherapy if required at off site locations
Inpatients are also supported by our specialist physiotherapists working within our hospitals. They work closely with our consultants in the following departments:
Putting patients first
Our physiotherapy team regularly attend teaching and research sessions to keep their knowledge up-to-date, allowing us to make sure your treatment is always evidence based.
We tailor our treatments according to your needs, expectations and concerns. We help you understand your problem and work alongside our therapists to get the best possible outcome for you.
Maidstone Hospital – Location: Ground floor, area 3 Opening hours:Monday to Thursday, 8am to 6pm Friday, 8am to 5:30pm Phone: 01622 224300 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tunbridge Wells Hospital – Location: Level -1. Patients can access the service from level -1 multi-storey car park. Opening hours: Monday 8am to 5pm, Tuesday to Thursday, 8am to 6pm Friday, 8am to 5:30pm Phone: 01892 632902 Email: email@example.com