You may be asked to complete a food diary prior to your appointment. This will involve keeping a detailed record of everything you eat and drink over three days, one of which should be a weekend day.
We aim to see you on the time stated on your appointment letter; however, some appointments do run over time. To help us keep to appointment times, please allow plenty of time to reach the hospital, park and get to the Nutrition and Dietetic clinic room. Please check which hospital your appointment is at before you start your journey. If you are unable to make your appointment, please contact us and let us know.
During your one-to-one assessment, you will see a registered Dietitian who will:
- Discuss your condition
- Gather relevant background information
- Discuss your food diary as appropriate
- Agree a plan on how to help you achieve your goals and your best possible outcome
- Provide you with any relevant literature
You may also be weighed and have your height and waist circumference measured.
You may be offered a follow-up assessment as recommended by the Dietitian.
Weight loss group
We often hold a weight loss group which is a 2 hour fun and interactive session and covers healthy eating, portion sizes, food labelling, eating out and takeaways, goal setting and exercise. Please contact us if you would like further information.
- Bring your completed food diary
- Bring a list of any current medication
- Have a think about what you would like to achieve from your treatment
- Arrive for your appointment on time
- Please contact us if you are unable to attend
How long will my assessment or treatment session last?
Your initial assessment may last up to 45 minutes. Follow up treatment sessions may last up to 15 minutes. Weight loss group may last up to 2 hours.