Applications for work experience for 2023 are open but due to the number of applications received we have now paused non-medical work experience placements.
Information about applying for the next academic year will be available in September.
Please complete the application form and send to email@example.com. Do not contact departments directly as staff are very busy and applications via this method will not be accepted.
- Work experience application form
- Application form notes
- Occupational Health form: work experience
You should read and use the application notes document to assist with your application to ensure you are aware of our shortlisting criteria if we receive more application than we have spaces. Placement availability is limited and demand is always high, so candidates are advised to consider carefully what your area of interest is and express this clearly within your personal statement of application.
We accept applications from the age of 16 (Year 12) however some departments have age restrictions in place and cannot accept anyone under the age of 18.
For medical placements only, you should:
- be studying towards and expect to achieve the qualifications that will enable you to start a career in medicine
- be committed to apply to a UK medical school within the next 12 months
- have gained at least 5 GCSEs at grade 9-8. Mathematics and some of the sciences may be at Grade 7, however please note the majority of successful applicants to medical school will have significantly higher grades.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are looking to support us long term, you should consider volunteering. We are looking for a commitment of at least three hours per week for six months; this is a non-clinical option that can help develop confidence working with staff and patients. We now offer the National Volunteer Certificate which is a great addition to a CV. For more information visit our volunteering page or email email@example.com.
If you are already studying medicine and require a longer work placement/clinical attachment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a medical student from outside of the UK and are seeking a placement, please email email@example.com.