Our Speech and Language Therapy service is provided by a small but growing team of dedicated professionals. We work with adult inpatients and outpatients, who have a range of speech and swallowing issues, including:
- Neurology inpatients with acquired Neurological Disorders, including Stroke, Parkinsons Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Motor Neurone Disease and outpatients using videofluoroscopy and associated clinics only
- Elderly Care: Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease – inpatients only
- Oncology: Particularly head, neck and oesophageal cancers – both inpatients and outpatients
- ENT : Organic and functional voice disorders – both inpatients and outpatients
- Respiratory: Including those with recurrent chest infections or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) – both inpatients are treated and outpatients via videofluoroscopy and associated clinics only
- Gastroenterology: Including those who need to be tube fed – both inpatients are treated and outpatients via videofluoroscopy and associated clinics only
- Radiology: helping to diagnose the cause of swallowing problems by taking video xrays (videofluoroscopy) – both inpatients and outpatients
We do not treat children or elderly care outpatients who are seen by Kent Community Health Foundation Trust.
We also have an on-going commitment to training both Speech and Language Therapy students from Canterbury – who spend up to 10 weeks at a time with us – and also to doctors and nurses within the Trust, who are trained in identifying and screening those at risk of swallowing problems, for example after Stroke.
We are located at:
Tunbridge Wells Hospital
- The Outpatient Voice Therapy Clinic is situated on level 0, Clinical Zone 2, alongside the Ear, Nose and Throat Department
- The videofluoroscopy Clinic is situated on Level 0, in the Main X-Ray department
- Contact number: 01892 635648
- The Outpatient Voice Therapy Clinic is situated in the Therapy Department, which is along the first corridor on the right as you come in the main front entrance
- The Oncology Clinic is held in the Oncology Centre on the first floor
- The videofluoroscopy Clinic is located next to MRI, adjacent to The Oncology Centre, on the first floor.
- Contact number: 01622 224308
You can also contact both sites via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Difficulties
- Swallowing Difficulties
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Neurological conditions