Neurology means disorders and diseases of the brain and nervous system. Our clinical team consists of Consultant Neurologists (who are linked to King’s College Hospital) and Nurse Specialists.
All consultants do general neurology clinics for patients with any neurological disease. Sub specialist expertise and phone numbers of consultants’ PAs are indicated.
Appointment enquiries: 01622 228219
Fax: 01622 224684
• Dr Johnathan Chan (Cognitive Neurology) 01622 224567
• Dr Robert Hadden (Peripheral Nerve) 01622 224442 – Neurology Clinical Lead for the Trust
• Dr Naheed Khan (Parkinson’s, movement disorders & botulinum toxin for dystonia) 01622 224448
Tunbridge Wells Hospital
• Dr Catherine Lloyd (Motor neuron disease, multiple sclerosis) 01892 633530
• Dr Laura Petzold (Multiple sclerosis) 01892 633183
• Dr Gerry Saldanha (Botulinum toxin for migraine, multiple sclerosis, neurology training programme director for south London) 01892 633183
• Multiple Sclerosis
- Geraldine Brand (Tunbridge Wells)
- Tina Hill (Maidstone)
• Parkinson’s disease
- Sue Jacobs (Maidstone)
- Sue Kerkin (Tunbridge Wells)
- Andy Smith (Community nurse for west Kent)
Most patients are seen in the outpatient clinic by a Consultant Neurologist. Intravenous infusions and lumbar punctures may be done in our day units at Maidstone or Tunbridge Wells. Patients with urgent conditions may be admitted to an acute medical ward where neurologists offer a consultation service on most working days. A few patients requiring highly specialist investigations and treatment may be referred to the regional neuroscience centre at King’s College Hospital in London.