The department of Gynaecology provides a complete range of care for medical conditions specific to women. General gynaecological outpatient clinics are held at both hospitals. In addition specialist outpatient clinics are held for:
- Pelvic pain investigations and treatment programmes
- Gynaecological and dermatological investigations and treatments
- Menopause clinics
- Hormone replacement therapy and implant clinics
- Abnormal bleeding clinics
- Colposcopy clinics
- Hysteroscopy clinics
- Your GP has requested that you are seen within 2 weeks
We currently have 16 Gynaecology Consultants working between both hospitals. Each gynaecological Consultant has a special interest and your GP will usually refer you to a Specialist according to your problem, i.e. endometriosis, chronic pain, uro-gynacological disorders, dysfunctional uterine bleeding etc.
At your appointment you may be seen by a Consultant or a Doctor in training, who will refer you to a Consultant if advice is needed. We also have a Clinical Nurse Specialist who has undertaken further training and has her own clinic for urodynamics and colposcopy services.
The Gynaecology services are staffed by dedicated nurses who have a specialist interest in women’s health.
We have a dedicated Early Pregnancy and Emergency Gynaecology Service which operates Monday to Friday 8am -8pm. Referral is through your GP or other professional who deems this the correct pathway for your treatment. If you are experiencing problems when there is no access to your GP, you will need to attend the Accident & Emergency department.
Patient information leaflets
- Early pregnancy unit – scans
- Miscarriage Association – youth resources
- Miscarriage Association – Miscarriage, the facts and your feelings
MTW has a specialist Endometriosis nurse, who is dedicated to helping and providing support to women with this condition.
She can be contacted via email: email@example.com or mobile: 07887 951397