The Endocrinology Department is based at both Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells hospitals, and provides a range of services.
Our team of specialists assess, diagnose and manage patients with:
- General endocrine problems
- Lipid disorders
- Pituitary disorders including growth hormone deficiency
- Parathyroid disease, disorders of calcium metabolism and vitamin D deficiency
- All thyroid conditions such as nodules, goitres, hyper- and hypothyroidism (over- and underactive thyroid)
- Adrenal disorders
- Female and male reproductive problems including patients affected by hirsuitism (excess hair growth), polycystic ovaries, hyperprolactinaemia and testosterone deficiency
We also offer:
- Joint antenatal endocrinology clinic
- Joint thyroid eye clinic (for patients affected by Graves’s eye disease)
- Radioiodine treatment for benign thyroid conditions
We have close links with King’s College Hospital and Guy’s & St.Thomas’s Hospitals in London where patients are referred for pituitary and adrenal surgery. Patients that require parathyroid or thyroid surgery are seen and managed locally by our colleagues in the Department of Otolaryngology.
Tunbridge Wells Hospital
- Dr Dennis Barnes
- Dr Masud Haq (Clinical Lead)
- Dr Kashif Hafeez
- Dr Jesse Kumar
- Dr Siva Sivappriyan
- Dr Supriya Joshi (Consultant in Clinical Chemistry)
- Jimboy Isuga (Tunbridge Wells Hospital)
- Sara Piggott (Maidstone Hospital)
We offer a range of dynamic function testing as day cases. This service is led by our endocrine specialist nurses, Jimboy Isuga and Sara Piggott.