With regards to the government’s plans to digitise the NHS by 2018 – namely, Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt’s appeal for the NHS to go paperless by 2018, relying instead on digital records…
1) Do your patients currently have online access to their own digital health records?
2) Can clinician’s access the full patient records – including scan’s, letters, notes and results – digitally?
3) Can you create and send/share digital discharge packs with GP’s?
4) How much of your back office is digitised, i.e. where tasks dedicated to running the Trust itself take place, e.g. IT, HR and accounts?
5) How far into your digitalisation journey is your Trust?