|Area of Practice||Lower Limb Arthroplasty and Trauma|
Minimally invasive hip replacements, revision hip replacement, periprosthetic fracture management and lower limb trauma
Mr Ahmed is a Consultant Hip Surgeon performing a high volume of hip replacements annually. He graduated from the University of Sheffield Medical School in 2008 and completed his Higher Surgical Training in Trauma & Orthopaedics in Kent, Surrey and Sussex. He then went on to gain international experience in Toronto to further sub-specialise in lower limb arthroplasty. Following this, he worked at University College London Hospital gaining significant experience in complex hip and knee replacements, revision hip surgery and robotic hip and knee arthroplasty.
He has a special interest in minimally invasive hip replacements, enhanced recovery and is keen on early return to all normal activities following joint replacement surgery. He has widely published in several peer-reviewed journals and has also presented at international orthopaedic meetings in Canada, Switzerland, Portugal and India.
He is an active member of the British Orthopaedic Association, British Hip Society and European Hip Society.
- The British Hip Society Travelling Fellowship in 2019. This gave him the unique opportunity to travel to the internationally-renowned Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) in New York.
- Current Concepts in Joint Replacement Scholarship to attend their meeting in Florida, USA – December 2019.
- European Hip Society Travelling Fellowship Invited to visit specialist orthopaedic units in Italy.
Positions of responsibility held
- Regional Clinical Coordinator, South East, National Joint Registry.
- Training Programme Director, Core Surgical Training, Health Education Kent Surrey & Sussex.
- College Tutor, Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
- Member of the Professional Affairs Committee, British Hip Society.
- MSc (Tr & Orth) – University of Brighton 2018
- Level 7 award in Clinical Leadership & Management – Chartered Management Institute, London 2018
- FRCS (Tr & Orth) – Royal College of Surgeons, England 2017
He is keen to teach junior trainees and has previously lectured on Master’s programmes at University College London and Canterbury Christ Church University. He is an Advanced Trauma Life Support Instructor and a tutor on the Basic Surgical Skills course for the Royal College of Surgeons.