The FOI request concerns how your trust’s laboratories train its student/trainee Biomedical scientists in Point of Care Testing (POCT) to meet the HCPC registration requirements for Biomedical scientists.
For each pathology discipline in your Trust/Health Board (i.e. Microbiology, Haematology, Blood transfusion, Biochemistry, Histopathology etc.…);
1. On average how many trainee Biomedical scientist/university biomedical science placement students do you have a year?
2. What types of evidence are used by your students/trainees to meet the HCPC Standards of proficiency for biomedical scientists for standards 14.26 and 14.16 in the certificate of competence i.e. reflective sheet, essay, competency etc.…?
3. Approximately how many hours of teaching/training is dedicated to Point of Care Testing (POCT)/ Near patient testing (NPT) for each student/trainee?
4. What types of teaching/training do you give these students/trainees in Point of Care Testing (POCT) i.e. seminars, practical training etc.…?
5. Do your students/trainees get a secondment/rotation into a POCT section and if so, for how long?