1. Between the period January 1st 2007 to January 2017, for each year how many patients aged 16 or younger at time of admission were treated by your trust for;
• Cervical/thoracic/lumbar Fracture, dislocation or combination thereof
• Spinal cord injury
Please list by age and corresponding injury.
1. Of the above population how many of these injuries were sustained as a result of sporting activity? Please correlate to the above demographics.
2. Of those sport related injuries how many and which occurred as a result of a rugby injury, either in practice or match play?
3. Of those with a cord injury what was their ASIA functional grade.
4. What operative interventions were undertaken to treat patients with an injury? (For example fusion, decompression). Please link to the injury.
5. What was the average length of in patient stay following initial injury and was this affected by level of injury (cervical/thoracic/lumbar) or type of injury?