Please provide numbers spanning the last 3 years – please segment by year where possible (i.e. 2018, 2019, 2020 – to date) for the following questions:
1. How many children age 7 and under have been admitted/treated for asthmatic symptoms in your Trust in these 3 instances:
a. Have been diagnosed as displaying asthmatic symptoms
b. Have been prescribed home treatment (reliever at home)
c. Have been admitted to A&E / ER for emergency treatment
2. For what number of children aged 7 and under was their admission to A&E/ER/Emergency GP (for asthmatic symptoms) their first instance of having asthmatic symptoms diagnosed and treated (i.e. the first instance of the NHS being made aware of asthmatic symptoms)?
3. How many children age 7 or under have had to be treated due over-medication of prescribed asthma medication?
4. How many children age 7 or under have had to be treated due under-medication of prescribed asthma medication?
5. What number of children age 7 and under are referred to a paediatrician/3rd party to help manage their asthmatic symptoms?
6. Yes/No: Has your trust seen a decline in parents seeking medical help for children aged 7 and under with asthma/asthmatic symptoms since March 2020?
Download response Asthma treatment and care for Children. 240321