The DadPad app is easy-to-use and is now free for dads and dads-to-be across Kent and Medway.
DadPad is packed with information to give new fathers guidance on how to develop the confidence and practical skills needed to help look after their babies’ physical and emotional needs.
Crucially, the app provides dads with guidance on how to support and seek help (when needed) for their partners and themselves as they adjust to their new roles. This will help individuals to better cope with the physical and emotional strains that fatherhood can place on individuals and relationships.
The app covers topics such as:
- How to feed, hold, change and clean your baby
- How to survive without sleep and coping with crying
- Getting to know your baby
- Home safety and first aid
- Looking after yourself and supporting your partner
There are also details of local support groups for new dads and sources of help available in Kent and Medway.