MTW has joined the ‘End PJ Paralysis’ campaign (#endpjparalysis), which will be launched across the country on 17 April 2018. We know that staying in bed can do more harm than good, even when you’re not feeling 100% – #endpjparalysis aims to get our patients up, dressed and moving while they are in hospital so we can prevent the problems caused by staying in bed too long and, hopefully, get them home quicker.
To help support our patients we are looking for Volunteers who able to offer 3 hours a week, and offer commitment for a minimum of 6 months.
Monday to Friday only and suggested times are: 9.30-13.30 or 11.30-13.30 or 13.30-15.30
- Provide a range of services to patients such as playing games, reading to patients, a proactive friendly listening ear.
- Encourage and assist with food and drink. Help patients complete menu cards.
To maintain confidentiality and sensitivity to all; ensure dignity and respect is maintained.
Chatting to patients
Supporting patients to partake in activities such as gardening club, jigsaw puzzles, crosswords, art club, PAT dog visits, crafts and others.
- Fundraising to support these activities.
- Organising and keeping stock of the donations of activity supplies.
- Receiving, sorting and washing donated clothing for supplying to vulnerable patients.
- Keeping the wardrobe tidy.
To apply for the role please go to www.jobs.nhs.uk and search Volunteer Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells. For help with applying or for more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Or call Anne-marie Stevens Voluntary Services on 01622 224719
Please note successful applicants are required to supply professional references covering the last three years and are subject to an enhanced DBS check prior to starting their Volunteering role.