Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust provides a range of significantly reduced car parking rates for visitors and patients at both Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells Hospitals.
- Patients undergoing radiotherapy treatment pay £1.80 per week
- Patients who are undergoing chemotherapy pay a reduced charge of £1.50 per day regardless of time spent at hospital
- Patients receiving dialysis pay £1.80 per week
- Visitors to patients in ITU (intensive care) pay a reduced charge of £1.50 per day regardless of time spent in hospital
- Relatives of all patients that stay in hospital for more than 10 days are eligible for free parking after the tenth day
- We offer concessionary parking of £1.50 a day for partners of inpatients on our maternity wards
- Parents and guardians who have children in hospital pay £1.50 per day regardless of time spent in hospital
Patients on low incomes can also benefit from financial support to help meet their travel costs and parking fees, through the Healthcare Assisted Travel Cost Scheme. Please ask your ward or department for information.
- Disabled car parking areas for Maidstone Hospital are marked on our hospital map.
- Dedicated Disabled Parking areas for Tunbridge Wells Hospital are in Car Parks A & C only.
Please note that Blue Badge holders are not exempt from charges.
- Free 30 minutes parking at both The Maidstone Hospital and The Tunbridge Wells Hospital.
- Our volunteers (such as League of Friends).
- Our volunteer drivers
If you would like to find out more about one of our concessionary schemes please talk to the area providing your care, our PALS officers or car park attendants.
Our general car park charges are as follows
- Up to 1 hour - £1.50
- 1-2 hours - £2.00
- 2-3 hours - £3.00
- 3.5 hours - £4.00
- 5-24 hours - £6.00
How to pay
Maidstone Hospital: Both Pay & Display and Pay on Foot Parking is available.
Tunbridge Wells Hospital: Pay on Foot Parking only.
Only pay machines at Tunbridge Wells Hospital take credit/debit cards.
If you need help with car parking
Maidstone Hospital: The Car Parking Office is located at the exit of the front main visitor car park. Pay on Foot Barriers and Payment Machines all have a Help/Intercom button if you are experiencing difficulties.
Tunbridge Wells Hospital: Please use the Help/Intercom button on all Barriers and Payment Machines if you are experiencing difficulties.