Our aim is to actively promote equality, inclusion and human rights, tackling discrimination and promoting the rights of the many and diverse communities we serve to ensure that we provide a safe environment, free from discrimination, and a safe place where all individuals are valued and treated fairly.
MTW is committed to creating a culture that promotes equality and embraces diversity in all its functions as both an employer and a service provider.
The Trust adheres to legal requirements and seeks to mainstream the principles of equality and diversity through all its policies, procedures and processes.
To achieve this, we operate in accordance with these values:
- Treat everyone with respect and dignity at all times
- Challenge discriminatory behaviour and practice
- Recognise and embrace diversity
- Ensure equal and easy access to services
- Ensure equal access to employment and development opportunities
- Consult and engage with staff, patients and their families to ensure that the services and the facilities of the Trust meet their needs
The Trust takes a zero tolerance approach to all forms of discrimination, harrassment and victimisation and will make every effort to ensure that no patient or employee is disadvantaged, either directly or indirectly, on the basis that they possess any of the ‘protected characteristics’ as defined by the Equality Act 2010.
The Trust is fully committed to a policy of equality of opportunity in all its employment practices and all protected groups have equal access to employment, training and promotion opportunities. The Trust is committed to taking positive action for disabled people and has been awarded the Two Tick disability symbol.