Radiation, such as x-rays, or other imaging technologies including ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging, is used to diagnose or treat disease.
Your doctor or nurse will be able to explain the purpose of the examination to you. Information will also be included with your appointment letter.
There are Radiology departments at both Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells hospitals.
For information or to make an appointment
Radiology Department – Maidstone Hospital
Opening hours: CT, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound, Obsetric & Gynaelogical Ultrasound, PET-CT, Peggy Wood Breast Screening and Peggy Wood Breast Symptomatic by appointment only.
X-ray – you do not need an appointment. Opening hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday – 8.30am – 8pm, and Wednesday – 1pm – 8pm.
- CT – telephone 01622 225688
- MRI – telephone 01622 225059
- Nuclear Medicine (NM) – telephone 01622 225047
- Ultrasound – telephone 01622 224618
- Obstetric & Gynaecological Ultrasound – telephone 01622 224241
- PET-CT – telephone 01622 225047
- X-Ray – information telephone 01622 224741
- Peggy Wood Breast Screening – telephone 01622 710185
- Peggy Wood Breast Symptomatic – telephone 01622 225761
Radiology Department Pembury Hospital
Opening hours: DEXA, MRI, Nuclear Medicine and Ultrasound by appointment only.
X-ray – you do not need an appointment. Opening hours are Monday – Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm, but try to avoid coming between 10am and 2pm, as this is our busiest time.
- DEXA – telephone 01892 633406
- MRI – telehpone 01892 633057
- Nuclear Medicine (NM) – telephone 01892 634733
- Ultrasound – telephone 01892 633395
- X-Ray – telephone 01892 633406
The Royal College of Radiologists website explains different procedures and examinations.