Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust provides the highest and safest standards of care for mothers and babies.
Depending on your pregnancy you can choose to have your baby at home, in our acclaimed birth centre at Maidstone Hospital, or on our consultant-led labour ward at Tunbridge Wells Hospital.
Early booking is recommended in pregnancy at around eight to 10 weeks to ensure that screening tests can be offered in a timely manner. This appointment is with the community midwife who can be contacted via your GP surgery. It is not necessary to see your GP first.
The options for place of birth will also be discussed with you at your booking visit and throughout your pregnancy. Download our patient information leaflet for more information.
Maternity survey 2015
Read how woman have high confidence in our maternity services following a national patient survey. You can also download the reports:
- Maternity survey 2015 on antenatal care
- Maternity survey 2015 on labour and birth
- Maternity survey 2015 on postnatal care
- Maternity Survey Comparison 2010-2015
The maternity team can be contacted:
- For urgent clinical concerns or problems, contact the maternity unit at Tunbridge Wells Hospital on 01892 633500
- For non-clinical maternity matters, contact the Midwifery Liaison Office on 01892 638158
- The Birth Centre team can be contacted on 01622 220161
It’s easy to donate money to our maternity units to help enhance the facilities and services we provide to our parents and their families. Simply visit our Fundraising page for more information.