Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust is fully committed to providing the highest standards of child protection and has undertaken a review in light of the Care Quality Commission (CQC) review.
The Trust Board is confident that the organisation meets the recommendations stated within the review and makes the following declaration as requested by the Department of Health.
- The organisation meets the statutory requirements in relation to the Criminal records Bureau checks
- Child protection policies and systems are up-to-date and robust, including a process for following up children who miss outpatient appointments and a system for flagging children for whom there are safeguarding concerns
- Staff have undertaken safeguarding training
- Designated and/or named professionals are clear about their role and have sufficient time and support to undertake it
- There is a Board level Executive Director for safeguarding. The Board reviews safeguarding across the organisation at least once a year to assure it that safeguarding systems and processes are working.